The shaver and the epilator are both hair removal tools of this modern world. Shavers are mostly used by men while epilators are commonly used by women. Other than that, these are two different products that work in totally different ways.
For us men and women, the hairs on unwanted areas is a big deal. Remember how an epilator or shaver can get rid of the hairs on our arms, face, legs and even on private areas. Removing excess hair has already been a part of some people’s hygiene routine.
The shaver is the one more popular as compared to the epilator. The shavers are also commonly associated with men. Men use either a manual shaver or an electric one that is normally plugged into an electric socket or is battery operated. However, women are also free to use the shavers, since it doesn’t require any gender to use it as a tool in removing hair.
The epilator on the other hand is often, if not always used by women only. Women are keener into attaining a smooth and flawless skin that’s why epilators are better than shavers for women.
Difference in How It Works
Shavers cut the hair in an instant. It normally has two, three or four blades if it’s a manual shaver. If it’s an electric shaver, then it has several blades inside that are used to continuously cut the hairs as it surfaces the skin. Basically, a shaver cuts the hair and trims it.
The epilators on the other hand are a lot more painful. It pulls the hair out straight from the roots. It has to operate against the direction of the hair growth to make sure that the hairs will be fully pulled out.
Types of Epilators and Shavers
Shavers have two types. There’s the manual shaver where you manually drive the tool in the direction it will take. It is less expensive and can be easily found in grocery stores and drug stores. Usually, these manual shavers are harder to clean, since the hairs stick into the blades.
At the same time, there is a need to use a shaving cream or a shaving gel before applying the shaver into the skin. This will help the razor in gliding smoothly and avoid cuts on the skin. Creams are also best in moisturizing the skin after shaving and prevent the hairs from growing back fast.
The electric shavers on the other hand, have to be used with the skin dry. It will operate on its own and won’t need any moisture to operate.
The epilators only have one kind but only vary in its power source and its design. The epilators nowadays, already come in different colors, styles and sizes. There are also battery operated ones that are chargeable and some still use the traditional ones that have an electric wire connected at its bottom.
There is also no need to use any creams prior to using the device, since the skin has to be completely dry when using it.
Difference in Comfort
As compared to the epilators, the non-electric or electric shavers are more comfortable to use. You won’t suffer any pain from plucking the hair out from the roots, since the shavers just simply cut the hairs and the roots are left beneath the skin.
Meanwhile, the epilators promise a certain discomfort level, since its goal is to take the hairs out straight from the roots. Your skin will normally get redder as you continue to epilate the entire area of your skin. However, the pain becomes tolerable as you get used to it and the redness will disappear in a few hours.
Difference in Results
The epilators might be painful, but can assure you of better results. Since epilators pull the hairs right from the roots, it takes really longer for the unwanted hairs to grow back. It has also been proven that regular use of the device will eventually stop the hairs from growing back. It gives a smoother result for your skin.
Shavers normally makes the hairs grow back after a day or two. The shavers simply trim the hairs and doesn’t get rid of it entirely. If you’re the type who doesn’t have extra time, then shavers might not just be a good tool for you.
With a wide variety of hair removal methods offered by your discretion in the splendor picture, females frequently need to know what’re positives and negatives and the primary variations between shaving and epilating.
And while laser hair treatment therapy does not seem unattractive, not most people are ready for the pricey and frustrating responsibility. In this hair treatment information, we compare shaving and epilating and summarize our results from our comprehensive investigation/example.
Ideal for: the lady searching for a solution to fuzz- skin. This painfree hair removal strategy is spoiled in with a razor or almost any bladed device!
1. Fast, simple and pain free
2. Shaving at once removes any skin.
3. Effectively can help you get rid of ingrowths at once.
4. It leaves you in a jiffy with gleaming clean and pretty legs!
5. One of hair treatment of the inexpensive and most economical methods.
1. You hair grows in less than weekly. Say hello to stubbles!
2. Causes cuts and lacerations that could leave horrible scars to you.
3. The skin will soon be vulnerable to bumps, inflammation and irritations.
4. More coarse and larger hair wills grow back.
5. Following the original vacation period your skin will experience difficult and abrasive.
Ideal for: The nerdy chick looking for an easy and chic route to hair- area! It operates such as a humongous electronic tweezer that grasps successfully and multiple hair string atone proceed move them out.
1. Much like waxing an epilator drags out your own hair in the beginnings, that means your own hair won’t develop back for at the least 4-6 months!
2. Unlike waxing which demands which you visit a salon, an epilator can be utilized all on your own moment and at your own pace.
3. Unlike a razor you can rest assured that you simply won’t get an reductions or lacerations.
4. It’s a-one time cost that brings years of gains.
5. It’s hassle free and oh – convenient!
1. Epilating isn’t particularly painfree, specifically over a thick area of hair.
2. Until you are relatively of a pro at it unlike shaving, epilation is just a time intensive procedure.
3. Your epilator might demand alternatives every so often. In addition you should think about the chance of the epilator wearing down.
4. If it’s well-charged your epilator is going to purpose. That means you’ve to continuously be sure you plug it in case of an LBD crisis.
5. Your skin can be dried out by it quicker than perhaps shaving!
Some claim epilators are not bad. Some also declare Waxing is hardly bad! God knows which to choose?
That epilation creates softer, longer- much more appealing, and sustained results. Epilators function best about top lip, hands, the thighs, sideburns. Epilation is not painless and creates significantly less than appealing outcomes originally, however it progressively gets with normal use.
Shaving might be simpler however it could be unpractical every single day to do and lacking each day leads to ugly stubble and that unwanted prickly sensation search. Additionally, shaving might lead to reductions and lacerations, which could damage the appearance that girls wish. Should you choose longer and softer – results, epilation can be a hair treatment remedy worth taking into consideration.
Worth noting that epilating is just a much more cost effective remedy set alongside the whole cost related to shaving. In a small percentage of the price of shaving, an epilator produces more appealing outcomes contemplating these details.
Overall, both of the shaver and epilator bring good effects and it’s already up to you on which you would prefer to use. You have to be mindful that each has different ways of usage and you have to follow certain directions in order to get the best results.